High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Is there anyway to reduce the amount owed in arrears?

Q: I owe 24k in child support and pay it but it seems to only change a little bit and amount does not seem to change?

A: It’s likely because there is interest being charged to the principal (at 9%). Per the statute, there is no way to vacate arrears, with 2 extremely limited exceptions: (a) you’re able to prove your income was below the poverty line thru no fault of your own, or (b) the custodial parent agrees to a reduction of the arrears. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network