Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What happens if I apply for child support but the non custodial parent receives public assistance only?

Q: My child's father was ordered to pay the minimum of $25 about 9 years ago , since then he has never had a job telling me he would never get a 9-5 simply because he's not paying more than $25 a month. I am a single mother and have been the sole provider for our child who is now 12, the $25 payments do absolutely nothing then, and still today. What should I do? 

A: The Court has the ability to "impute" income based on his ability to earn income, whether he's earning that income or not. Generally he has the obligation to prove he's looking for full-time work commensurate with his education, work skills, etc. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions