Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Seasonal job and says will quit if taken for child support!

Q: My child's father has made it very clear I'd only get the "bare minimum" if I filed CS. He works in construction for family. He said he'd go for visitation which I don't mind because our child is 10 but it's been over 3 years since he's seen her! Is it worth the lengthy process with someone who has no license & really nothing to lose if he were to NOT pay (he's done jail time and says he's not afraid to go back). It's just unfair. 

A: No attorney can responsibly answer the question: is it worth it - simply because we're not you. We can tell you what to do: file a petition, get an order, get a money judgment is he racks up arrears & threaten jail if he still doesn't pay. At the end of the day, some guy say they aren't afraid of jail until they actually have to go there. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions