Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My ex husband is in jail for attempted rape he contested the divorce From jail.

Q: I got the letter with the court date where it is asking I'm to bring w2's and pay stubs. We have no assets together and no children together absolutely nothing. Marriage only lasted two years and he's in jail for attempted rape to another woman that's proof of infedelity. Can he be requesting alimony or perhaps that I sold my ring to pay some debt he lets me with. Can he actually win this case? I have a daughter and all the bills he left me with.

A: He could conceivably claim alimony, though what's also important is what his "expenses" are & thus whether he has a real need for alimony. If he's in jail, it seems to me like he'd have a hard case to prove. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions