Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I file for child abandonment on my children's father even if I have full custody of them?

Q: I have full custody of both of my children. Also have an order of protection of the father. He has not reached out or provided for them.

A: there is no such thing under New York law. Instead, his "abandonment" of the children would either be grounds to have them adopted by a step-parent, or a defense to any visitation action he files. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions