High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I had to start the process of child support just to get cash assistance but i don’t want to put my son father on CS (live together)

Q: Since I had to apply for CS just to receive cash assistance but I don’t receive cash assistance anymore and my son father and I live together, he helps me with his son but we have our first court date May 20th, how can I stop the judge from putting child support on him ? 

A: If child support’s paid into DSS via SCU, then you’d both need to go into court on the scheduled date with proof you closed out your cash assistance budget. Going forward, if you apply for cash assistance & you’re separate from him – but don’t want DSS to sue him for child support – you can simply leave the children off your budget. Fore more info, call a Bronx Child Support attorney. 

FindLaw Network