Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can child support be taken from unemployment in another state?

Q: The noncustodial parent was having child support payments taken right from his paychecks in NJ, now he is unemployed and will be receiving unemployment benefits, in a different state from where the child support order is in effect, NY. Will child support payments come directly from his unemployment, even though in another state? 

A: Assuming the support is paid via SCU, then the answer is that it should be a seamless process. You may wish to go into their office to update them with that info. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions