Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I sue of cyber bullying/harassment?

Q: My ex whom I share 4 children with constantly uses Facebook live to go on rants about me. Most of the things he says are completely disrespectful and degrading. He talks about our past domestic violence Incidents, even ones where he's put me in the hospital before. I suffer from depression and I just had a baby so I'm trying not to let this get to me. But he won't stop. He has an order of protection against me and has made false claims about me which has lead to me getting arrested before. So I have to be cautious about how I handled the situation.

A: If you wish to "sue him," you'd need to consult with a personal injury attorney - as they also handle tort & slander cases. If your interest is in filing for an order of protection, one would need to review the exact posts to see if they're arguably threatening or intimidating. If he's merely expressing his opinion of you - however untrue or unflattering you may find it to be - he may be protected by the 1st Amendment's freedom of speech. For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions