High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: My daughter has my last name, her father wants to add his name does he have to sign the birth certificate? I prefer he doesn’t.

Q: My daughters father doesn’t see her very much and to spite me hes going to try to take her away from me. He never really wanted her I have the proof on messages and its been hell but I am trying my best to co-parent even with the circumstances.

A: He does have the option of filing for paternity, but that doesn’t necessarily allow the child’s name to be changed. he’d need to commence a separate “name change” proceeding in civil court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network