High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: Can i relocate if i have sole custody and other parent has no visitation?

Q: I have sole legal and physical custody of my child, other parent has NO visitation, no access to child’s records and isn’t even allowed to know where child lives. Am i allowed to relocate? Do i need the courts permission to relocate or can i just move?

A: The short answer is no – even with sole custody you still either need the other parent’s express permission or court permission. If the other parent doesn’t exercise visitation, then it should be an easy case for you to win. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network