High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: What to do if other parent doesn’t want to allow me to travel with my son ?

Q: I’m a mother of 7 kids who only belong to my ex and he is refusing to get a passport and let me take my son on my two week family vacation which I take every year. This year all my kids wanted to meet their family in Dominican Republic. The father states that the child is to young to go to a third world country and that he won’t allow him to go with me. My husband and his siblings last year he said it was OK and even signed the passport document. Now all of a sudden he refuses….please help!

A: You’d need to file a petition for sole custody. With sole custody, you generally don’t need to have father’s permission to travel or signature on the passport application. Schedule a consult with a Bronx family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network