Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Q: Is it possible to have 'final say' removed or adjusted in a final Joint Custody order? If so, how difficult would you say?

Q: I have joint legal custody with physical custody. The other parent has 6 days of visitation/month but has final say on medical decisions. It is not working for our child for various reasons. Is this something worth trying to change or do you think it is a difficult case to even attempt?  I ask because my case would be in Bronx Family Court and they are not very organized and tend to take very long which ends up costing me a ton of $ in the long run.
Any advice? 

A: It depends in part on the original rationale for agreeing to same. It also depends on why you believe that end of it has broken down - as well as what paper-trail you have along those lines. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions