Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Q: How will my child support be determined?

Q: I have 2 kids one 19(lives on campus) the other one 12, I pay child support for both $500 not court regulated just an agreement between me and their mom...a couple of months ago she asked for a notarized letter (I think she applied for welfare) in the letter she wanted me to write that I only pay $250 in child support for the little one which I did and now I got a letter with a court order to establish child support because she alleges that I don't pay enough...would appreciate some orientation......I live in NJ they live in NY. 

A: Generally for 2 kids you'd pay 25% of your adjusted gross income (not including add-ons for medical, educational & childcare expenses). That said, there may be a basis for deviation from guidelines depending on certain circumstances. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions