High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: How can I get a divorce if my spouse lives in another state?

| Jan 27, 2020 | Uncategorized

Q: I am not sure of an address because he is not willing to co-operate with giving any information. He does not want to sign the papers. We have been married for 18 years in NY state and separated for about 6 years. 2 children ages 19 and 14 no assets are involved. I also have limited resources so not really able to afford thousands of dollars for attorneys fees. 

A: One would need additional facts to see whether NY would have jurisdiction – such as whether you were married here & how long you’ve lived in NY. Additionally, he’s entitled to be served with the divorce papers, so you’d generally need to locate an address at which he can be served. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network