Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Q: How can I get a divorce if my spouse lives in another state?

Q: I am not sure of an address because he is not willing to co-operate with giving any information. He does not want to sign the papers. We have been married for 18 years in NY state and separated for about 6 years. 2 children ages 19 and 14 no assets are involved. I also have limited resources so not really able to afford thousands of dollars for attorneys fees. 

A: One would need additional facts to see whether NY would have jurisdiction - such as whether you were married here & how long you've lived in NY. Additionally, he's entitled to be served with the divorce papers, so you'd generally need to locate an address at which he can be served. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce Attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions