High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: Can you get sole custody without involving the father? Don’t you need both parents present in front of the judge?

A: Yes, generally a father must be served with a court summons in order for the Mother to get a Custody order. Thus, your boyfriend should go to the Court to retrieve the entire order, along with a copy of the Petition and “Affidavit of service” (the document corroborating how he was allegedly served with the summons). Then call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult with a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge