Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Q: Can you get sole custody without involving the father? Don't you need both parents present in front of the judge?

A: Yes, generally a father must be served with a court summons in order for the Mother to get a Custody order. Thus, your boyfriend should go to the Court to retrieve the entire order, along with a copy of the Petition and "Affidavit of service" (the document corroborating how he was allegedly served with the summons). Then call a Bronx Child Custody attorney to schedule a consult with a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions