High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: Can I go for full physical custody if father doesn’t help support my child ?

Q: Ok, my child is 8 and in December judge gave us joint custody and the child stays 3 days dad 4 days me. Child isn’t happy with arrangement. Me and the father cannot really have a convo about the child without arguments. I’m a mother of 7, I support all my kids including him. Dad pays no child support or helps out other than being present. He also threatens to incarcerate me because he was a minor when I had a relationship with him so he can keep my child. I need help!

A: The mere fact that the Father doesn’t pay support (or pays inadequate support) is not usually a basis to take away joint custody. You do have the right to sue him for adequate support, however. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network