High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: Can I file civil suit for arrears during divorce??

| Jan 27, 2020 | Uncategorized

Q: Divorced July 2018. During the two year divorce proceedings X had left marital home in August 2016. Never paid bills exceeding $12,000.00 a month. Home was over 6000 square feet and my sister gave me money every month to help me and kids survive. Proof of money from my sister is in black and white.

A: Child Support is generally retroactive to the date the divorce case is filed. As such, you should pursue the claim for arrears within the divorce case itself. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Divorce Attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network