Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Q: Can I file civil suit for arrears during divorce??

Q: Divorced July 2018. During the two year divorce proceedings X had left marital home in August 2016. Never paid bills exceeding $12,000.00 a month. Home was over 6000 square feet and my sister gave me money every month to help me and kids survive. Proof of money from my sister is in black and white.

A: Child Support is generally retroactive to the date the divorce case is filed. As such, you should pursue the claim for arrears within the divorce case itself. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Divorce Attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions