High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: When I went to court for child support, since he was on unemployment he was ordered to provide medical coverage only.

A: If there was no court order requiring him to pay a specific amount, then you’re not owed any back money. That said, the Court does have the power to “impute” income to him based on his ability to earn income, so I’d suggest to file a modification petition. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network