High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Q: If Im in a domestic violence situation and my ex claims squatters rights how can I get him out of the apartment?

A: You can file for an order of protection against him & ask the Family Court to exclude him from the residence. Your other avenue is to give him 30-days written notice that he must vacate the residence – and if he doesn’t, commence an eviction proceeding. If you opt for a d.v. filing, then call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney to schedule a consult. 

FindLaw Network