Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I live with my sons mother on and off for rhe past 3 years but the welfare system has me On child support.

Q: Before i was put on CS we lived together in the shelter, we live together on and iff i take him to daycare pay for all his stuff. I barely able to hold a job so i am in school as of now and i wanted to know if there was a way to cease this support order i have a court date for September 11 to discuss my arrears i owe, 

A: I wouldn't advise to say to DSS that you were living with her, as she's required to report additional income into her house to DSS. If she didn't, then she committed felony welfare fraud - which wouldn't help you because you'd likely be charged as an accessory. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions