Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If I'm the non-custodial parent can my 20 year old son decide to live with me with no legal repercussions?

Q: My ex-girlfriend had custody of my son for the last 20 years and lived out of state. Now he wants to live with me in New York. I'm not fighting to stop child support I'm just more concerned if you can get a New York state ID and start working without any issues. I want to make sure I'm doing everything by the book. Is it better if he just doesn't work or get a license here in New York until he's 21? 

A: If custody was done per a NY order, then the answer is yes as he's an adult for custody purposes. If the order was done in the other state, then you'd need to consult an attorney there. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions