Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My exspouse is refusing to pay my alimony. Will judge order him to pay?

Q: We have a divorce decree and length of the alimony was for 6 years. He has been paying it for 3 years & then decided to stop. I've a filed an order to show cause and we meet with the judge this week. Will the judge order him to pay? 

A: The Judge can not only order him to pay, but can issue you a wage garnishment to enforce the maintenance. The Judge also has the power to sanction him - often in the form of an award of counsel fees - as well as issuance of a money judgment (accruing 9% interest) on the arrears. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions