Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My wife lives overseas and is refusing to give me her address to serve the divorce papers. How can I divorce her?

Q:I am a US citizen in NY, USA. She is in Ethopian now in Ethopia( not part of the Hague Apostille Convention). We have been seperated since 12/2008. We have no kids.

I don't know where she lives. She reaches out to me once in a while and then disappares.

How do you serve someone who doesn't want to be served? 

A:You would need to hire a private investigator in that country to track her down. The Court will require that you make a "diligent search" in an effort to locate her - if the search is unsuccessful, the Court may require you to do publication notice of the summons. Call a Bronx Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions