High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can non custodial parents girlfriend take child out of state with our permission from me ?

Q:So I am the custodial parent of my 11 year old son. His father gets visitations every other weekend and 1 month in the summer … now it’s summer time and he had advised me he signed my son up to camp , gave me all the information and said he would be starting today July 8th… turns out my son is in a different state with out his father but with his fathers girlfriend and her family . He never told me he was allowing this to happen or even brought it up, if my son didn’t call me I would have never known . Is this allowed ? 

A:It depends on the structure of your custody order/agreement. If the order/agreement doesn’t say anything about travel out of the state, then it’s permitted. If you’d want that changed, then you’d need to file a modification petition. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge