High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I still take the father to court for child support even if an agreement was made by him signed ?

Q:The father had me sign an agreement but it has scratch outs with no initials next to it and it was still notarized. It looks sloppy and I do not want to continue this agreement anymore & I need the judge to stop it so we can continue in court for child support.

A:I’d suggest to bring the agreement into an attorney for review. Most likely, such informal agreements are unenforceable & thus you most likely can request more from the Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge