High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What to do if son’s father won’t give back child?

Q: We are going through custody, no orders have been given. The father doesn’t want to give back the child.

A: Assuming the child had previously been living in your primary custody, you should call the police & file a “writ of habeas corpus” in Family Court. You may also file an order to show cause in Family Court for an interim custody order. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network