Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do i go about this? What do i need? What can happen if everything isn't accounted for, as in evidence wise?

Q: My son didn't live with me for a year , but i was still recieving child support from his dad for him. I still used the money to support him or handed him money or sent it via pay pal. His dad and i discussed this and i told him to go to court to fill out the form to discontinue the payments. Until then i would just continue to give it to my son. He said he would "handle it". Now he has petitioned me for fact findings. 

A: If he petitioned to terminate support, then if your son is living on his own & self-supporting, then support should be terminated. That said, generally the court can only grant the father relief retroactive to the date of his petition. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions