High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I move dismiss or respond to be served in a divorce?

Q: I asked my wife for a divorce and she went ahead of me to do it. But now I responded to being served but she won’t turn in the documents of me replying because she wants to drag it out. Can I directly answer to someone else about being served or Is there a way to move for dismissal so I can start my own divorce against her.

A: You’d need to serve a formal Answer upon her – and then file a copy along with proof of service with the clerk’s office. If you wish to file your own divorce, you may do so within her case by filing a counterclaim. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge