Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I move dismiss or respond to be served in a divorce?

Q: I asked my wife for a divorce and she went ahead of me to do it. But now I responded to being served but she won't turn in the documents of me replying because she wants to drag it out. Can I directly answer to someone else about being served or Is there a way to move for dismissal so I can start my own divorce against her.

A: You'd need to serve a formal Answer upon her - and then file a copy along with proof of service with the clerk's office. If you wish to file your own divorce, you may do so within her case by filing a counterclaim. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions