Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Family Court ordered to exchange financial affidavit within 10 days. My ex never sent me his affidavit?

Q: At family court two weeks ago, the judge ordered my ex and I to exchange financial information within 10 days. I filed to increase child support. My ex never sent me his information. Do I need to file a violation petition with the court? Also, why does the court order for us to send each other the information instead of exchanging the information at the hearing?

A: You should write a demand letter to your ex confirming you never received the FDA. If he still doesn't serve it, then you may move for dismissal/preclusion. That said, the Court directs advance production of financial disclosure to give you a fair opportunity to review it prior to the hearing. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions