High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Does custodial parent in child support cases mean you have full custody?

Q: I am separated from my husband. We have a child support agreement through the courts where he pays me child support. Do we have to go to court again to establish who has full custody? Moving outside county/state?

A: A mere child support order would not equate to a custody order. You’d need to file a petition for same in the Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for more info. 

FindLaw Network