High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can a Child Support Order be contested after 30 days?

Q: My ex filed a violation support petition but did not include copies of the extra curricular and health insurance premiums she claims is still owed. At the hearing, the judge instructed my ex to provide copies of the forms within a certain time frame but she never did. I received the order and the judge found that I am still responsible despite never receiving the copies. Is it possible to dispute the order a few months after the hearing and receiving the order?

A: In theory, you could file an Objection appeal, but same must be filed within 35 days of the date of the order when received via mail. If you received it more than 35 days ago, then it’s most likely too late now. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network