High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Will I have to have 3 years of a 15% in pay to have my child support reduced ?

Q: Wanted to know, having a 15% reduction in my salary can be a cause to have my child support reduced. But is it 15% each of those 3 years or in a total of 3 years. I’m really struggling to keep up with it now, why the courts count overtime as part of my salary is a problem. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

A: The 15% change is actually irrespective of the 3 years. It’s either you’ve had a 15% change of your income OR 3 years has passed since the support order was set or last adjusted. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge