High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My exspousal is refusing to pay spousal support per our divorce settlement. What is the recourse?

Q: Says he does not have to pay spousal support even though it’s in our divorce agreement. Is he in contempt of court?

A: Assuming the amount is specified in the agreement and the agreement is incorporated into the Judgement, then he’d appear to be violating the Judgment. Your remedy is to file a violation case in Family Court, or an order to show cause for contempt in Supreme. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Alimony Attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network