High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can the mother of my child reinstate a child support Oder after we went in front of a judge together and she took me off?

Q: I was taken off of child support by the mother of my child . We have recently broken up and she’s threatening me with putting me back on. The judge informed her that I can’t be put back on once she makes this decision. 

A: Yes – child support can (almost) never be waived. She generally has a right to reinstate it via the court at any time. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network