Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my bank accounts be frozen to pay child support arrears even if arrears are being garnished from my paycheck.

Q: child support and arrears are being taken from my check every two weeks. I just got my bank accounts frozen by child support due to the arrears. very little on these accounts (I am broke) but my pay goes direct deposit to the checking account. Now that these accounts are frozen, I cant pay my bills. at this rate, I wont be able to pay rent or gas to get to work. Was my paycheck frozen on purpose? what can I do to remove this restriction on my funds short of paying back the full arrears? 

A: The short answer is yes - merely because a garnishment is in place doesn't mean SCU can't seize assets. I'd suggest to goto SCU & try working out an arrangement whereby the freeze can be lifted. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions