High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can he take them out of the country?

Q: My child’s father and I have joint custody. They currently live with him(physical custody). They are 10 & 12. He wants to take them to Germany but I do NOT want him to. What can I do? 

A: Assuming he merely wishes to take them on vacation (not to live there), then one would need to know your reasons for denying the trip. Generally if a parent has joint custody the children are presumed safe in their care. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network