High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Who do I contact?

Q: I took my ex husband to child support court last January. He never showed up and he was working off the books. The judge specified a very small amount he’s obligated to pay weekly since they didn’t have any documentation to show what his income is. I recently found out he started working on the books last April. He owes back child support. Do I need to contact the child support unit to notify them that’s he now legally employed? It’s been 7 months already.

A: Yes, you can inform SCU of the job so they can issue the garnishment. You may also be able to file an upward modification petition to get an increase of support. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge