High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Seeking to retain counsel for child support case in Westchester County Family Court.

Q: Ordered to pay $1,200.00/mn (bi-weekly payments of $600.00 to DSS) for child support in May of 2018. Custodial parent no longer receives public assistance and is requesting $800/wk, a $10,000.00 deposit for child’s college fund, and payments upto the age of 26 years old. I am willing to pay additional for childcare expenses, but only if custodial parent agrees to seek employment as she is refusing to work. I also provide medical benefits to child through my employer. Trying to be fair, not abused. Thank you! 

P.S. Never married and age of child is 1. 

A: The Family Court cannot order the custodial parent to work. That said, you’re only obligated to pay for childcare if she is actually working (or seeking work). Moreover, you have assess her with the portion of the payroll deduction which covers the child on your medical insurance. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network