High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Is there a statue of limitation on signing divorce papers?

Q: I was granted a divorce by the Supreme Court on March 15,2018. Up until today my ex and her attorney have not presented me and my attorney with the paperwork to sign to finalize the divorce. Is there something I can do to speed up the process? I was told what I have to pay her in alimony and other things and I just want to give her what she is entitled to and move on to move on with my life. Thank you for your help!

A: No, the statute of limitations does not apply to such submissions. If it was a contested case, then the Court likely set a “submit papers or appear date.” If if was an uncontested case, then you have the right to submit the papers yourself if they aren’t doing so. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network