High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I have my child support stopped if my daughter moved out to live with her boyfriend & his mother?

Q: After years of seeing her mother use control over her & I that also affected my visitations. I haven’t seen my daughter in 6 yrs & my daughter and mother were fighting and she moved out 2 months ago. She still attends H.S. with a 3.7 GPA and turns 18 in Jan & graduates june 2019. She want the child support paid directly to her and I’m more than willing if I can get it terminated and pay until age 21. So far my ex-wife haven’t even told me that our daughter moved out and I see why because she wants to keep collecting the child support $607 bi-weekly.

A: You’d need to file a petition to change the payee from the mother to your daughter. That said, it wouldn’t result in a termination of support unless your daughter were fully self-supporting. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network