High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I serve the other parent by certified mail? For full custody

Q: Father wants joint custody I (mother) wants full custody .. children reside with me. We can not agree. We live in Westchester county .. father family member served me for joint custody. I filed for full custody .. but I have no one to serve him..

A: You can – but if he doesn’t appear in court, then you’ll need to get him personally served. The best method is to have him served via process server or Sheriff. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge