High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I do anything about my ex’s employer not submitting child support payments?

Q: I have a court order stating I am suppose to receive $300 weekly. He gets paid bi weekly and I they started sending me payments biweekly. Which I am ok with. But now payments are not coming in as frequent. I never know when I’m getting my child support money. The last 2 checks I received because I called child support and filed a complaint but it’s going on 3 weeks and I still have no child support payments. I have asked my sons father if he can talk to his HR dept but he says they take the money out of his check and me not getting the money is not his problem. What can I do?

A: In theory, you could sue the employer, but it may be more trouble than it’s worth. You may also be able to file a violation petition (as it is ultimately up to him to ensure the payments go in) & ask for him to post an undertaking to ensure if you don’t get money & need some to tide you over, you can dip into the undertaking fund. Schedule a consult with a Westchester family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network