Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What action can I take?

Q: I was never notified that my husband filled for divorce, he had his friend state that I was served with papers but I have proof that I was never served. He got the divorce but he has my name wrong because I never took his name when we got married but the divorce papers shows my last name Hyfenated his, I kept my name because of all the paperwork to change to his name. Thanks

A: You can file a motion to vacate your default. Bear in mind such motions must be filed within 1 year of your actual knowledge of the divorce proceeding. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions