High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Do I need to pay child support if my daughters mother moved but left my daughter with her grandparents without my consent?

Q: My daughters mother moved to upstate New York just outside of PA and she left my daughter to stay here in the Bronx to live with her grandparents and she never consulted me or advised me of the move.

A: The short answer is: if there’s a child support order in place, you could only file a petition to change the payee (the court should not outright terminate the order). If you wish to terminate child support in this instance, your better remedy is to file for custody. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network