High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can my husband kick me out of the apartment even though I’m disable??

Q: I haven’t worked during the course of our marriage because I’m disable and waiting for my disability. He wants me out.. I have no income or family. What are my rights? We’ve been married 6 1/2 years

A: No – there is no “self-help” in New York. If he tries, call the police. Your next stop should be a divorce attorney. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network