High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Why would my kids father file for modify custody and child support, when he has not paid child support or seen his kids in four?

Q: I have been taking care of my 12 and 14 years kids. There father who has abandoned them , first filed for visitation, because he claims that I won’t let him see his kids, that is not true. Now, he is has not returned my kids after there visitation stay with him. He is accusing he of being abbive and on drugs as well as my kids saying they don’t want to come home. He has filed a petition and I don;t have any contact with my kids, has temp custody.

A: You should file a writ of habeas corpus to challenge him keeping the kids. Also, when you say he “has temp custody,” do you mean a Family Court Judge granted him an order of temporary custody? You’re best advised to schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network